Almost anyone can look more beautiful with the addition of make-up. The only trouble is that by applying cosmetics, you are putting many different types of chemicals into your body and some of them are carcinogenic – linked to causing cancer. It is far safer and healthier to choose ways to improve your looks that don’t include the use of such substances, but rather, use natural products Here are some tips to do just that and some of them are laughably easy.
- Soak your nails in olive oil for 5 minutes to add shine. Nail polish and remover are two products that are heavily laden with chemicals that are bad for you.
- For an easy face mask that is free of chemicals and also antibacterial, warm some raw honey between your fingers and spread it over your face. Leave for 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Tip: Raw honey is not the same as honey you eat.
- Use ¼ of a cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water to rinse your hair in between shampooing and conditioning. It will remove the build-up from commercial shampoos.
- Rubbing with half an orange is a great way to smooth the rough skin on elbows and knees. Rinse it off after.
- Coconut oil is great as a shaving cream for legs, but take care in the shower because it can be super slippery.
- Remove blackheads by placing 4-5 drops of raw honey on a lemon wedge and rubbing over your face. Rinse off. Do it at night in case your skin becomes super sensitive to sunlight.
- Dry brushing is good for many things. It increases circulation, removes dead skin cells, strengthens the immune and lymphatic systems. It is like a self massage.
- Add shine to your hair by mixing 1 egg with a mashed banana and spreading over your hair. Leave for up to 30 minutes before your usual shampoo. You may find that conditioner is only necessary on the ends of the hair.
The best natural beauty tips are not what you put on your body, but what you do with it. Eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of sleep each night and removing stress and tension from your life will always make you look and feel better.
Don’t forget to stay hydrated by having plenty of water each day. While 8 glasses seems to be the recommended amount, don’t beat yourself up if you can only manage 4. That’s stress – remember? Be kind to yourself and do something you love each day and go out of your way to be pleasant and kind. That way you will be happier and it will show in the twinkle in your eyes.