Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is basically what makes the Internet go around – and if your website doesn’t have it, it is likely to become static, stuck somewhere on the bottom of the pile that contains all the other websites. According to SEO Perth Experts, done right, SEO will optimise the chances of your website ranking well so that it will come up on the search page results for the keyword you use.
So basically, if someone types in ‘coffee machine’ and you are selling several, your website page will show up if you – or an expert – has done good SEO. There are 6 vital components to SEO that any digital agency will tell you about – and do for you if you ask them. It may be a lot easier to get professional help than to try and do it yourself, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Here are the 6 things you need to know.
- Have the right keyword/s on your website. They should be in the headings and the first paragraph of your content. Using the right keywords will help you to get the kind of traffic that converts to customers.
- Meta tags should contain the keyword for your website as that is one place that the search engines look to see what your website is about.
- If you have strong external links search engines will consider your website to contain valuable information and rank it higher. You should also have internal links from one page to another. However, avoid links that are not to websites that have something to do with yours. If you sell dog accessories, a link to a website selling dog food would be good, but one to a gambling website would damage yours as that has nothing to do with dogs. Backlinks –coming to your site from others – are even more important.
- You need to have quality content that offers valuable information to visitors and sets you up as an authority in your field. You will get lots of traffic once the search engines realise you have great content.
- Social media is an important part of SEO these days and if your website does not have a presence on at least one social media site you will certainly miss out on a good chance to get more traffic, since so many people spend a great deal of time in such places as Facebook.
- Images are another essential part of SEO. Everyone loves pictures and many people would rather look at an image or a video than read content. If you sell a product, you must have a quality image of it as this is the only way for customers to see what it looks like.