There’s nothing worse than toilets that keep blocking up, especially if they have a tendency to overflow and fill your bathrooms with raw sewage and wastewater. Plumbing problems are common, but clogged toilets are nothing short of frustrating.
Now, if your toilets keep clogging up, you might be wondering if it’s time to replace them. Although this is a question best answered by a reliable office plumbing contractor, we’ve outlined a few important considerations below.
When Should I Replace My Toilet?
Now, in some cases clogged office toilets will be a result of a problem with your toilet itself. This won’t always be the case, as clogged drains or sewerage lines could also be the culprit, but it’s certainly worth thinking about replacing your toilet. The following could be signs that the blockages are caused by your toilet:
- If you have a low-flush toilet that’s old and outdated. Unfortunately, these didn’t work well when they were released, and their performance certainly doesn’t improve with time.
- If there are cracks in your toilet bowl. Although these may not directly affect its performance, they will likely cause problems in the near future.
- If your toilet is simply old and worn out. This probably won’t cause blockages, but if your toilet is too old it might not be flushing properly anymore.
Actually, toilets are generally quite simple mechanisms which are usually simple to fix for experienced plumbers such as www.jsuttonplumbing.com.au. Because of this, problems with blocked toilets are often caused by drain issues.
When Should I Get My Drains Checked?
We don’t recommend rushing into getting your toilet replaced, because the chances are that the blockages you’re experiencing aren’t caused by your toilets at all – especially if more than one are acting up. Consider getting your drains looked at by an experienced business plumber if you notice any of the following:
- That problems only started recently, which could suggest that you’ve done something else that could be causing them. Something as simple as a new brand of toilet paper can be enough to cause toilet blockages in your business bathrooms.
- It’s not just your toilets that are clogging. If you notice other drains in your business blocking or draining slowly, then the problem is probably not the toilet.
- Strange gurgling or bubbling noises when you flush. Although not so common, these can indicate a problem with your plumbing vent, which can stop toilets from flushing effectively.
As you can see, there are plenty of drain system issues which can cause clogged toilets as well, which means that replacing your toilet isn’t always the way to go.
Speak With Your Local Plumbing Contractor
If you’re serious about getting the problem dealt with, the best thing to do is to speak with your local plumbing contractor. Clogged toilets can cause all sorts of problems with your business, not to mention the nasty smells you will experience. Unfortunately, simply replacing the toilets won’t always solve the problem, so it’s worth getting it assessed by an expert.