Many people these days suffer from drug addiction. If you or a loved one had become involved with and suffers from substance dependency it is vital to get into drug rehab such as Sivana Rehab as soon as possible. Acting quickly will give the addict the best chance of recovery. If you put it off, it can quickly become too late as taking drugs affects and damages the body in many ways. Here are just a few of the ways in which taking drugs can damage your body physically.
- It weakens the immune system and makes you susceptible to many different types of infection.
- It causes an abnormal heart rate that can lead to heart attacks.
- It can cause collapsed veins which leads to infections in the veins, the blood and valves of the heart.
- Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain are common.
- It makes the liver work harder, trying to clear the substance from your body. This can cause liver damage and eventually, liver failure.
- Drugs can cause seizures and strokes.
- Worst of all perhaps, is the damage drugs do to the brain. This can alter how you think, it can impact daily life due to memory and attention deficit problems, mental confusion and poor decision making.
- It makes your appetite swing wildly in either direction, but mostly you will find loss of weight more the normal. This can be life-threatening if it goes on for too long.